Every young person needs:
- clothes that are clean and warm and shoes that fit and keep you dry
- enough to eat and drink
- protection from dangerous situations
- somewhere warm, dry and comfortable to sleep
- help when you're ill or you've been hurt
- love and care from your parents or carers
- support with your education
- access and help with medication if needed.
Sometimes parents have problems with drugs and/or alcohol or they have mental health problems, or they are in debt. Most parents with these problems can still prioritise their children's needs, but some find it very difficult and some even find that they cannot meet their children's basic needs and they need help and support.
check out the information below if you want to find out more.