Board members are senior managers within their organisations who hold strategic roles in relation to safeguarding adults and can speak for their organisation, commit it to action and hold it to account. All Board members are committed to working together in order to achieve continuous improvement in practice and positive outcomes for adults. Under the Care Act 2014, the Board’s statutory partners are :
- Slough Clinical Commissioning Group
- Thames Valley Police, and
- Slough Borough Council which carries the statutory lead responsibility.
Each statutory partner contributes financially to the costs of the Board.
Other partner agencies are also represented on the Board, including:
- Berkshire Healthcare Foundation Trust
- National Probation Service
- Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust (Wexham Park Hospital)
- South Central Ambulance Trust
- HealthWatch, and
- Slough Council for Voluntary Services.
Representatives are active Board members and contribute to the work of the Board and its subgroups.
Induction pack for new Board members